[Dxspider-support] apologies if this is really silly but......

Bill Shell n6ws at charter.net
Sun Jul 11 18:37:45 BST 2004

Hi Jim,

No, not a silly question at all.

I have two SuSE v9.1 Pro nodes, one of each, and it doesn't make any
difference to DXSpider.  If you have the additional memory needed for KDE,
and adequate processing power, it is really up to your preference.  You can
always setup the node with KDE, and if you find you later prefer it to be
non-graphical, it is only a one line change in /etc/inittab to start at
level 3.  Personally, for a local node that I can use the system for other
functions, I prefer KDE.

73, Bill
N6WS