(Fwd) [Dxspider-support] LinkBusted

radioman radioman at semarg.ath.cx
Wed Jul 28 03:30:25 BST 2004

That's a bummer.. Ken

reading the lower part of this mail, IM still wondering why the connections
cannot be broken down
even more, is there a map?

its silly that one needs to do all the work as a "primary" connection,
knocking the snot
out of the cable upload bandwidth
 then when that fails like a bad cable connection, a bunch of nodes have to
scramble to a backup all at one time.
can something be done like 3 or more primary connections, and putting a
limit to the sub connections.
to end major scrambling
i.e.:
k1ea is a primary connection, only 3 other sub connections are allowed
w1gq is also one with only 3 subs
this way only 3 subconnections are scrambling and not 6.. maybe I'M off
track here but at the moment
it looks like 1 spider does all of 1 LAN.. not good.. and the backup gets
slammed in a few minutes
or seconds when it drops.. luckily this don't happen often, and gee wiz if
it happened during a major contest.

Tony
N1LDY