(Fwd) [Dxspider-support] LinkBusted

charlie carroll k1xx at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 28 03:49:30 BST 2004

Tony:
FWIW, the system that's in place right now is no different then when I
was operating as the hub node instead of k1ea.  It's worked well for
several years now, including switch overs during major contests.  The
hub nodes nodes don't get slammed because the number of nodes and users
is contained to a reasonable level.  If we were showing 500+ nodes and
3k+ users with 1 spot/sec during a contest, it would be a much different
and much worse story.
At this point I believe the limiting factor is the ability to come up
with the switching logic based upon the commands available in the
DXSpider crontab.  It took me some time to devise the hub switching
logic.  N1ZUK devised the node switching logic that W1NR provided a day
or so ago.
The system has been battle tested in several years worth of contests and
seems to work well.  Put the commands that Mike provided you into your
crontab file and all will be well...

73 charlie, k1xx/4