[Dxspider-support] Re: Spider on Teletext

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 11:16:14 BST 2004

Dan

As it stands at the moment, this isn't possible as the necessary data
isn't available in the DX information that is stored.

However, in principle, there is no reason why this information could not
be stored for future use. But there are other alternatives...

There has been a discussion about allowing the full spot filtering, that
is available to users, for sh/dx. In order to bring that about we must
either a) assume that average computer speeds have increased
sufficiently to calculate the various things like: country and zones on
the fly for every sh/dx or b) that computers now have sufficient disc
space to store the (otherwise redundant) data.

Dirk