[Dxspider-support] Disconnects not being dropped?

John Clayton g4pdq at arrl.net
Sat Mar 6 00:28:18 GMT 2004

Hi Dirk

There seems to be a problem with disconnects not being dropped through
the network.

Due to a local node problem GB7DXC was disconnected from GB7BAA and
sometime later I re-routed the connect to GB7WDX (over RF). When the
local problem was sorted, I disconnected GB7DXC from GB7WDX and G8MZV
was logged on at GB7BAA to see when GB7DXC cleared from the network so
that I could reconnect it to GB7BAA. Well over an hour later, GB7DXC,
according to GB7BAA was still connected to GB7WDX - although connecting
to GB7WDX as a user and doing SH/U GB7DXC showed no sign of GB7DXC on
the network at all.

This also happened when G8MZV logged off from GB7BAA - a SH/CONFIG
GB7BAA on GB7WDX continued to show G8MZV as connected to GB7BAA.

Is this because some of the UK nodes are connecting to multiple nodes
(if so, any idea why they should?) or is there a problem with Spider
dropping connects - or passing on that connects have dropped?

Many thanks for any info.

Cheers.

John, G4PDQ.

--