[Dxspider-support] Selfspotter (SPAM) (CHAT)

John Dundas j.m.dundas at btinternet.com
Mon May 10 09:25:49 BST 2004

Whats the problem with people self spotting? Should we really be concerned
at this? After all its data.

People are now starting to act like policemen and if you dont allow self
spotting on your cluster then they will just use another cluster that does.

The amount of spots being generated by self spotting must be minimal
compared to the amount of spots being generated during one of the major
contests.

I think that people are looking at morals rather than anything else. If I am
on 10m and I am not sure if the band is open or not then I would certainly
look at putting out a spot about myself as a lot of people dont bother
looling around on 10m.

I would certianly not be interested in this sort of clamp down on users
because someone thinks its not right to do rather than it creating some sort
of technical/software problem, which it is not.

regards John