[Dxspider-support] Self spotting - More

Bela Markus ha5di at freemail.hu
Fri Nov 5 12:31:02 GMT 2004

Hi,

during a contest intensive self spotting can be iritating and possible
aginst some explicit contest rules.

On the other hand self spotting can be useful for test (not contest)
operation. I would not introduce strict filtering, autodisconnect, etc.

BTW, there are more problematic operation practices, like discussing QRX
in spot note field with real frequencies. Such dummy 144300 spots for
example generates false SMS propagation alerts in my 2m Es warning
system, called ALEX and require additional filtering rules.

Regards... Béla, HA5DI