[Dxspider-support] Initial userpassword from RF side

Jann Traschewski jann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 11 09:23:39 GMT 2004

Hi,

My name is Jann Traschewski, DG8NGN and I recently installed the
DX-Spidersoftware at university Nürnberg DB0FHN. I noticed that it is
currently not possible to let the users set their prefered initial password
without requesting one from the admin. My policy at DB0FHN is that radio
amateurs can set their password coming from RF and then get permission to
connect via internet. Every "write"-service from the internet is protected
through a password. So currently internet access is inactive.

I've searched the mailinglists about that topic and only found two little
threads about it without any solution. We'll never get a closed
hamradio-only network when sysops can choose between password active with
too many request from users or password disabled (most will just disable
password feature). So I just wanted to ask whether it will be possible to
add this feature or not? Based on the way a user connects to the cluster
(client ... or telnet ...) it should be possible to detect a RF user ;)

So how ? I think some other's would like this feature also (some
requested/asked for it already).
Thanks and 73
Jann

--
Jann Traschewski, Drosselstr.1, D-90513 Zirndorf, Germany
Tel.: +49-911-696971, Mobile: +49-170-1045937, EMail: jann at gmx.de
Ham: DG8NGN / DB0VOX, http://www.qsl.net/dg8ngn, ICQ UIN: 4130182