[Dxspider-support] Startup Errors

Dave Hawes dave.n3rd at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 03:40:42 GMT 2004

I'm trying to get a new installation going on a WinXP platform.

1.  Downloaded and installed Perl from ActiveState
2.  Downloaded additional packages, but there was no DB_File.zip, so
I used an older version.  (Might be the problem?)  Installed the
additional packages.

When starting cluster.pl, I get two error messages:

Starting DX spot system
Parameter format not correct - "spider".
Parameter format not correct - "spider".
Start Protocol Engines

The cluster seems to come up OK, but when I log on with the sysop's
callsign, I don't have sysop privileges.

Do I have to log onto "localhost" or is the internal 192.168.1.x
logon acceptable?

Any help appreciated.

Dave