[Dxspider-support] Startup Errors

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 20:23:49 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 19:41 +0100, IZ6FZS Mirko wrote:
> Dirk i've setted a possword with set/password hamcall psw, but the problem
> persist.

Then you are using either the wrong callsign (not $myalias) or the wrong
IP address (not localhost or 127.0.0.1), because I can guarantee that if
these two things are correct, you will get in as a sysop.

So, in my c:\spider\local\DXVars.pm file:

$mycall = 'GB7TLH';            # these must be in UPPER CASE
$myalias = 'G1TLH';

I have done a c:\spider\perl\create_sysop.pl (or an update_sysop.pl if I
changed them).

then:-

telnet localhost 7300
login: g1tlh

On windows, this *will* get you sysop privileges, you can check by doing
a 'stat/user' when you have logged in and you will see (most of):-

stat/user
       Callsign: G1TLH
     Chat Group: local, #9000, FOC, VHF, SOLAR
Current Pagelth: 500
 E-mail Address: djk at tobit.co.uk
      Home Node: GB7DJK
       Home QTH: Dereham, Norfolk, UK
       Language: en
  Last for/oper: 15-Oct-2004 0816Z
      Last Node: GB7DJK
   Last Time in: 14-Nov-2004 2307Z
       Latitude: 52 41 N
        Locator: JO02LQ
 Login info req: Yes
      Longitude: 0 57 E
           Name: Dirk
       Password: Yes
Privilege Level: 9
       Req Beep: No
       Req Echo: No
Req Msgs as Email: Yes
   Show CQ Zone: No
  Show ITU Zone: No
  Show US State: Yes
  Talklike Anns: No
   Type of User: U

In particular you will have a privilege level of 9.

Please check you DXVars.pm file. MAKE SURE that the $mycall and $myalias
variables are different (and in UPPER CASE). MAKE SURE you login using
the $myalias callsign.

Dirk G1TLH