[Dxspider-support] Connect scripts and Node authorization

Manos Chalaris sv1day at ath.forthnet.gr
Tue Oct 12 23:57:48 BST 2004

Dear fellow Hams,

I have recently finished the installation of DX-Spider. (On a WindowsXP with ActivePerl).

Since I am new in this field, there are few things which are not clear to me.

1. When I try to connect to another node, I can connect but only as USER. Not as DXSP. When I issue the command set/spider SV1DAY, and I receive the message "Not Allowed". I assume that I must receive first an authorization from the sysop of the node I wish to connect to. Is this correct?

2. If the above assumption is correct, how this authorization is granted? I did not find anything in the administration manual.

3. Could you please send me a connect/script to double check it with mine.

Thanks a lot for you time and help.

73 de SV1DAY
Manos