[Dxspider-support] Connect scripts and Node authorization

Hank Kohl K8DD k8dd at arrl.net
Wed Oct 13 13:15:00 BST 2004

At 10/12/2004 06:57 PM, you wrote:

>Dear fellow Hams,
>
>I have recently finished the installation of DX-Spider. (On a WindowsXP
>with ActivePerl).
>
>Since I am new in this field, there are few things which are not clear to me.
>
>1. When I try to connect to another node, I can connect but only as USER.
>Not as DXSP. When I issue the command set/spider SV1DAY, and I receive the
>message "Not Allowed". I assume that I must receive first an authorization
>from the sysop of the node I wish to connect to. Is this correct?

Manos ....

That is correct.  The SysOp at the other node must make you a node.  If it
is another DX Spider node, he should do a SET/SPIDER  SV1DAY    On other
nodes he would do a SET/NODE SV1DAY

>2. If the above assumption is correct, how this authorization is granted?
>I did not find anything in the administration manual.

That is correct.  In many respects the manuals were written for people who
know what they are doing and that is wrong - IMHO!!

>3. Could you please send me a connect/script to double check it with mine.

I cannot map a drive to my Linux box at the moment, but I will try to get a
copy of my telnet and RF connect scripts to you today.

73    Hank   K8DD