[Dxspider-support] export_user command

Bill Coleman N2BC n2bc at stny.rr.com
Thu Oct 28 15:33:51 BST 2004

My DXSpider cluster has been quite well behaved for eons.  Most recent changes are a switch to K1EA for spot feeds and updated WINXP to SP2.   Over the past couple weeks the 10G harddrive has filled twice.

The users_asc file was 7Gb in both cases.

Now I see that the base CRONTAB file has an export-user command in it.  I have commented it out.  I have also deleted the 5 generations of users_asc (the .o, .oo, .ooo  etc.).

Another observation, my users.V3 is 8Mb - I thought (dangerous) that this would only have my registered users, but it obviously has many many more.

So, finally, to my questions:

1) Is there something abberant about my users.V3 file?
2) What is the purpose of the export_user command in the base CRONTAB file?  I cannot find a companion import function for rebuild or ???

Thanks for reading this novel :-)

Best 73, Bill  N2BC