[Dxspider-support] Problem with Time-HiRes-1.51 and Time-HiRes-1.59

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 09:32:09 BST 2004

I would do what it says.

# export LC_ALL=C
# make

Basically Redhat 9.0 locale handling is broken. Although, to be fair, I
think this is actually a glibc problem which disappears on later
releases.

Another way to permanently fix the problem is to either

# mv /etc/sysconfig/i18n  /etc/sysconfig/i18n.orig

or to set the values in there to C

and then reboot. (I always rename, because that way all the defaults
just work).

Personally I would be wary of deploying a naked Redhat 9.0 box box on
the net these days (behind a firewall is OK), because the ssh on it (as
well as other daemons that you may have running) are old and
exploitable.

All support has gone for it now, I would use Fedora (if you want Redhat)
or Mandrake (if you want something Redhat like but more modern) or SuSE
(a bit eccentric for died in the wool *nux people like myself, but is
fine for plug-n-play users [it is reputed to have all the ham radio
stuff compiled in and with most ham apps available as well]).

Dirk