[Dxspider-support] New QRZ Online XML Callsign Database

David Humble dhumble at taurus2.plus.com
Fri Sep 17 10:40:31 BST 2004

The call lookup on QRZ has moved to a new  XML data port server.  As I
understand it, in addition to being registered on qrz.com, you have to
register for the XML data port server.

Looking at http://online.qrz.com/specifications.html clearly shows to me
that the handshaking and authentication has change and that DXSpider's
callbot.pl will need altering as a result.  The new session keys, which
expire every 24 hours could be a nuisance.  It is not yet clear to me if
you get a fresh session key for each new session or, that you have to use
the same session key for a 24 hour period.  Wouldn't be a session key then
would it!?

I'm emailing Fred now to get my callsign and password added to the XML data
port server access and then I can do some tests.  I have a callbook web
interface I wrote in PHP that I can then test access with.

Regards from David Humble  G0TWN
Sysop GB7IMK [44.131.160.241]
IP Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire - Region 160
Ampr:  g0twn at gb7imk.ampr.org
AX25:  G0TWN at GB7IMK.#43.GBR.EU
Email: dhumble at taurus2.plus.com
http://www.taurus2.plus.com/gb7imk/