[Dxspider-support] New QRZ Online XML Callsign Database

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 10:56:36 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 10:40, David Humble wrote:
> Looking at http://online.qrz.com/specifications.html clearly shows to me
> that the handshaking and authentication has change and that DXSpider's
> callbot.pl will need altering as a result.  The new session keys, which
> expire every 24 hours could be a nuisance.  It is not yet clear to me if
> you get a fresh session key for each new session or, that you have to use
> the same session key for a 24 hour period.  Wouldn't be a session key then
> would it!?

The session key is the basis of the problem with the current software.
In essence, I think Fred forgot (whilst testing the script in his
browser) that he was logged in. Whilst he is logged in, the cookies,
sent by the website and stored, are enough to make it all work - hence
his comment that it works just fine. In fact, if you are logged on, you
can dispense with the username and password parameters completely and
the script will work with only the callsign parameter.

I have pointed out the problem and I am waiting for his reply.

> I'm emailing Fred now to get my callsign and password added to the XML data
> port server access and then I can do some tests.  I have a callbook web
> interface I wrote in PHP that I can then test access with.

Now, I don't wish to discourage anybody from doing their own thing for
their own purposes but please chaps: don't mention DXSpider in the
process; because having several people all going on at him will a)
confuse and b) eventually annoy.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Message, It May Cease to