[Dxspider-support] Install new version of Perl......

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Sun Apr 10 15:53:00 BST 2005

Hi everyone.  DXSpider has been the best DX cluster I have seen in
years.  I can not say enough good about this application.  Certainly a
number one choice for anyone who is interested in setting up a cluster.

Apart from that - this morning I decided to update my version of perl,
using the 'installpkg' utility of Slackware and away it went. Just fine.
The new version installed perfectly.  Or at least I think it did.

And than I thought - I wonder if that affected DXSpider??  It was
running at the time of the installation of the newest Perl.

So, I brought DXSpider down and than backup.  No Sir!!  Bad move.

Up on the screen comes rolling statemnets like ' Can't locate
DIGEST/SHA1.pm in @inc??  And then it talks about Aranea.pm (line 25)
and Cluster.pl (line 71) and Verify.pm (line 16)..

I wonder what happened here??

I looked at all those files at the various lines that it is spitting out
and it all points back to not being able to find Digest/sha1.pm in @INC.

Is there a fix for my problem or do I have to start all over with a new
version of a spider and do a fresh install???  Geeeez I hope not.

Anyone have this problem before??