[Dxspider-support] Re: Auto updating Keplerian elements

Eric Carling eric at g0cgl.f2s.com
Thu Aug 11 07:19:29 BST 2005

Assuming your Spider is running in Perl for Windows as mine is, it may be be
of some interest that I could not make Jesus' method work and he did confirm
that it was for Linux systems.

Paul YV1DIG kindly helped me out with the following and I find this works
perfectly:

"I run the bat file daily as is not a big deal (at 00:00 hours).

Just make a .bat file like this called keps.bat (wich resides on a folder I
created under /Spider called BAT
Also i downloaded the wget.exe, and the .dll's in the same folder

Keps.bat source is as following:

 C:\spider\bat\wget -nv --output-document=nasa.txt
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasabare.txt
C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe c:\spider\perl\convkeps.pl -p c:\spider\bat\nasa.txt
copy c:\spider\bat\nasa.txt c:\spider\packclus\nasa.txt

1st line is to get the AMSAT keps, but you just can use the source you want
2nd line converts the keps to the cluster proper configuration
3rd line is to put the file in the "file" area to be used by the users (just
if you want to)

Then add to the CRONTAB the following :

5 0 * * * run_cmd('load/keps')

this is to load the keps, and all job is done. I added another line to let
my users know that file is available and command sh/sat has updated keps:

6 0 * * * run_cmd('ann Keplerian Elements has been updated, file nasa.txt
available')

This works fine... hope it helps to you"