[Dxspider-support] BPQ nearly ready to be usable?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 09:02:35 BST 2005

>From the AR-C mailing list:-

----------------------------- cut ----------------------------------
Just a little warming...version 4.4.19B, 4.4.19C are special versions
Terry ginned up primarily for me for testing the new yet unreleased
BPQ32 which has a AGWPE like interface.  4.4.19C should still work with
the traditional OCX interface to BPQ32, but I am using the new AGW
interface and cannot at this moment vouch for BPQ-OCX with this release
with certainty.

A heads up for those interested, BPQ32 with the new capability is
probably just weeks from beta release.  I am currently the sole tester
of this, but soon I will be asking for additional beta sites.  It is
designed as a drop in replacement in most instances for AGWPE bringing
full net/rom capability to programs which currently can interface with
AGWPE.  Also it will work in conjunction with AGWPE for those who wish
to use sound card modems.  If  sound card modems are not needed, then
AGWPE itself is not needed at all.  I am currently running 'alpha'
bpq32
with AR-Cluster, UIView32, UI-DX Bridge all simultaneously.  There have
been a few bugs, but they are being swatted right now.  Ill be testing
that may be the final alpha release tomorrow morning.  Then it's off to
public beta...

Ill announce beta availability here and on other sites as soon as I
feel
confident to take that step.

Ron, N5IN