[Dxspider-support] Spider on Mandrake

Kelly Jones kjones at sullivan1.com
Tue Dec 6 04:19:05 GMT 2005

I can confirm that this "backing up" also occurs on Win installations.
I'm convinced it's load based.

I am experimenting with running several clusters of nodes.  I currently
have all of my node-node linking running in one instance of Spider while
my users currently have their own node.  During CQWW CW, the node-node
instance ran super without a single hitch.  I was the only user connected
to this node.

The "user" node, on the other hand, did "freeze" several times.  I was
pushing the 60 user "limit" each time this happened.  I have yet to get
additional intances running, but I suspect once I thin out the users
across different intances, this problem will be masked.

Kelly - N0VD