[Dxspider-support] Update - Using Mandriva 2006 now

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 13:19:05 GMT 2005

Ok... i went ahead and downloaded the boot.iso for
2006 went through the install procedure which went
flawlessly , then installed spider , after a couple of
hiccupps (due to me overlooking a couple of lines in
the spider docs) spider was off and running with a
minor permission problem that i fixed.

but then , i looked at my firewall and discoverd that
the newly installed Mandriva 2006 appears to be doing
a Smurf attack against my firewall ??? this is the
what the Zywall2 says.

Date/Time12/06/2005 08:08:07
Source  192.168.1.34 (this is the Mandriva 2006
address)
Destination 192.168.1.255
ATTACK smurf ICMP(type:8, code:0)

this is going on every 5-20 minutes....