[Dxspider-support] BADWORDS again

Robert Chalmas rchalmas at users.ch
Fri Dec 23 10:07:45 GMT 2005

Hi,

> The person who said he was G0NVD actually was G0NVD. His callsign is being
> pirated to check into GB7DXE and other clusters to make abusive comments.

When will all cluster nodes sysops stop granting anybody a full access
to their nodes without any authentication ?

It is easy to set up DXSpider so that telnet unregistered users get a
read-only acces and only registered users can enter any information.

Of course, this requires some more work in managing the registration
requests, but I believe this is a part of our job we should not forget.

Even a simple procedure, as an email to the sysop who returns a password,
althought it's not 100% secure (but sending a copy of its licence to access
a DX-cluster node would not be acceptable for most people), can discourage
most pirates seeking an instant access into the cluster...

Greetings,         Robert - HB9BZA

--
Robert CHALMAS, PO Box 1225, CH-1227 Carouge/GE, SWITZERLAND
    email:        rchalmas at users.ch    AX-25: HB9BZA @ HB9IAP