[Dxspider-support] AGW and Spider

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 17:10:50 GMT 2005

I have been running AGWPE at above normal priority in my Win 2K machine for the last two months. This has solved two very annoying problems.

  The first one was that after running for some time, the AGW would stop talking to users.  This problem has been completely fixed by bumping up its priority.

  The second problem that went away was that the sound has not quit working in my computer.  I did not expect this one to be solved.  I have not told the AGW program to use my sound card, but evidently it can still lock-up the sound.  I have been trying to solve this problem for many months.  I did not think AGW had anything to do with it.  The sound would only work for about two days after a reboot and then it would stop.  It has now worked for two months without stopping even once.

  I believe the root of the problem is that Spider is so fast that data arrives faster than AGW can process it and AGW gets confused.  AGW defaults to normal priority.  By increasing this to above normal, AGW is able to keep up with the data from Spider and does not have any problems.

  Lee

http://mail.yahoo.com