[Dxspider-support] spider on os x

Steven Franke s-franke at uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 6 15:06:13 GMT 2005

I am running the latest CVS on OS X 10.3.7. The cluster crashes after
no more than 9 hours of uptime, and usually after 6-7 hours.

The crash occurs in DXDupe::process when dupefile database records are
deleted. The debug log always records this message at the crash:
panic: sv_setpvn called with negative strlen

After a crash the dupefile must be deleted before cluster.pl will start.

I have updated the Perl DB_File module to the latest version from CPAN
(DB_File-1.810), and there was no change in the behavior. The Perl is
the stock OS X 10.3 perl: v5.8.1-RC3 built for
darwin-thread-multi-2level.

This seems like a perl, BerkeleyDB, or DB_File problem. Has anyone
experienced anything similar?

Steve, K9AN