[Dxspider-support] ZyXEL Devices

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Mon Feb 7 15:44:34 GMT 2005

Is your Linksys box a few years old?  If not, I am surprised to hear
that Cisco is allowing junk like that to be sold through the Linksys
brand.  Does your router also do 802.11x?  If not, why not just set up
an old PC with Linux as your router?  I have never liked the 'black
box' solution that these plug and play routers provide.  The Linux
solution would be much more flexible not to mention more useful.  My
router is a Dell PowerEdge 2300 w/ dual 400 MHz PII's.  It is not only
my router but cluster, aprs gateway, samba file server, cups print
server and Quicktime streaming server.  Been running now 542 days. I
have a web server that has an uptime of over 3 years now.  Sounds
pretty reliable to me?

Dana
N1OFZ