[Dxspider-support] Tnos..

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Sat Feb 19 01:46:04 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 16:55 -0800, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> I suspect that it would be pretty easy to allow TNOS user access by
> adding a 'telnet linuxip 7300' command alias to TNOS, where "linuxip" is
> the IP address of the Linux side of the TNOS host.  Many *NOS nodes do
> this already to connect to a cluster node running on another host.
> Another node could also connect that way via a /spider/connect script,

Well one of the initial tests that are done when setting up DXSpider is
to see if you can telnet to your localhost at the port number that you
are going to use.  In my case I am dealing with here, that is not even
possible without installing a few of the utilties..

> For initiating an RF connection to another node I think a connect script
> could do the same thing--connect from the Linux side running Spider to
> TNOS and from there to the other node.
>
> Now that I am thinking about it, I may look into this myself, as I never
> have been that pleased with the Linux node application.
>
> Is TNOS still supported?  I recall that Brian Lantz had some health
> difficulties several years ago and had assumed a low profile.  There has
> been some recent work on JNOS recently.

Tnos doesn't have any support now. Its just the users themselves
chatting among themselves that is keeping it going. Jnos however has a
much more active and supportive group.