[Dxspider-support] thanks for the info ondealing with the lock file,

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Feb 26 20:29:57 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 14:34 -0500, john yezek wrote:
> i have many choices here from you good people, thanks and it seems the
> main thing you all are saying is delete the lock file, if this is the
> general consensus, then why is it there and what is it for
> besides making people grumble?? 73 john

Ooo Er..

The lock file is there for unix systems. Actually, I could not bother to
generate it in the first place for windows systems, or (probably more to
the point) go to much more trouble to remove it.

The lock file's purpose is a good one though because it prevents you
starting another cluster process by accident.

But I will admit that the lockfile processing is a bit unix centric and
could be improved.

Dirk G1TLH