[Dxspider-support] CVS version

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 22:52:17 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 18:38 -0400, Ted Gervais wrote:
> At 10:02 PM 1/16/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> >Are you?
> >
> >Currently I am on:
> >
> >sh/ver
> >DX Spider Cluster version 1.51 (build 58.326) on Linux
> >Copyright (c) 1998-2005 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
>

> Dirk...
>
> To be sure, I just ran sh/ver again and it comes up as 58.323.
> I just did a CVS update using sourceforge. I wonder if that is the way you
> do it.

That is the standard way I like *everybody* to do it.

> It you do it from your site, can you do a CVS update or do you have to copy
> your current update file over to the /tmp directory and untar it etc., and
> copy the results into your /spider directory??  I guess that is not a CVS
> update.  But is that what I should be doing??

The instructions are on the web page, but for a standard implementation,
just:

cd / (or C:\)
tar xvfz CVSlatest.tgz (or do the winzip thing in the same place)

This will overwrite all the same files as the CVS update (because it
does a cvs update into spider directory that is just used for this and
then tars it up).

> Is sourceforge  a good site. Is it the ONLY cvs site?

It is the only site at the moment.

Dirk G1TLH