[Dxspider-support] CVS access on SF

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 09:45:42 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 08:41 +0100, dg8lav at amsat.org wrote:
> Hi!
>
> i know it better.... "Never change a running system" :(
>
> After a cvs update this morming, my node stopped working...
>
> cluster.pl died after start with the following last words:
>

> sysop at db0sue-7:~/spider/perl > ./cluster.pl
> syntax error at /spider/perl/DXCommandmode.pm line 961, near "}("
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./cluster.pl line 67.
> sysop at db0sue-7:~/spider/perl >
>
> any hints? whats going wrong?

This is to do with the version of perl that you are running.

CVS still has not caught up with the changes so unless you can upgrade
your perl to 5.8.0 or greater you need to do something which I can't
remember having to do before.

Gunzip the attached file and replace /spider/perl/DXCommandmode.pm with
it.