[Dxspider-support] CVS access on SF

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 10:00:56 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 09:45 +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 08:41 +0100, dg8lav at amsat.org wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > i know it better.... "Never change a running system" :(
> >
> > After a cvs update this morming, my node stopped working...
> >
> > cluster.pl died after start with the following last words:
> >

> > sysop at db0sue-7:~/spider/perl > ./cluster.pl
> > syntax error at /spider/perl/DXCommandmode.pm line 961, near "}("
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./cluster.pl line 67.
> > sysop at db0sue-7:~/spider/perl >
> >
> > any hints? whats going wrong?
>
> This is to do with the version of perl that you are running.
>
> CVS still has not caught up with the changes so unless you can upgrade
> your perl to 5.8.0 or greater you need to do something which I can't
> remember having to do before.
>
> Gunzip the attached file and replace /spider/perl/DXCommandmode.pm with
> it.

If you have recently upgraded and you *don't* have a problem starting up
the node then PLEASE *DON'T* do what it says in the last paragraph.

I don't know what will happen when CVS is working again, it may have to
be removed and the cvs repeated (I *think* it just says something like
"changes already incorporated", but it is a long time since this last
occurred to me).

To remind you: PLEASE DON'T replace DXCommandmode.pm *UNLESS* you have
the particular error above. It is not necessary otherwise.

Dirk G1TLH