[Dxspider-support] callsign filters

George Lloyd g.lloyd at gb7esx.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 10:43:18 GMT 2005

At 10:13 22/01/2005, you wrote:
I don't want to get into a debate/argument over the following statement but
there is and never has been any such terms and conditions. The NoV as it
stands at the moment is just an amendment to the normal licence to allow
unattended operation and store and forward. There are a set of guidelines
drawn up by the DCC but nothing legal or binding the Secretary of State or
the courts could enforce. At the end of the day it's up to each individual
SysOp how they run their station within the terms of their licence.

There was to be a PROPER NoV document but the present DCC Chairman got that
scuppered as soon as he got the post. Since that time nothing from either
the RA/OFCOM or the DCC. Does the DCC still exist, it's years since we
heard anything from them?

Having said that, I do not agree with locking out users of any facility
unless they are persistent offenders and that again is up to individuals
SysOps to decide, it's THEIR licence at risk as we were constantly reminded
by the RA.