[Dxspider-support] callsign filters

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 10:13:37 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 08:34 +0000, Dave Edwards wrote:
> Hi all
> I am just enquiring about callsign filters.
> I have now had 3 people tell me that some nodes in the uk have
> 'blocked' my personal spots from appearing.
> I am not here to moan, to be perfectly honest I feel as a spotter i
> am far from the best but not the worst so if sysops need to filter me
> then sobeit.. but.. how does a user know that a node is blocking a
> set of callsigns? is there a command that a user can issue to see the
> list?

There is no DXSpider command that a normal user can use to determine
your status (in any department) apart from whether you are connected or
whether you are 'here' or not.

On the other hand a 'sysop' can. But then only by being sshed or
physically on the node, looking on the nodes that are implementing this
policy.

> I am interested to know but this is for someone who is trying to find
> an rf node within range (Buckinghamshire) that does not have such a
> tough approach on filtering spots.

GB7DXA (Amersham)? AFAIK he is not doing this and if he is, there will
be trouble - he is the DCC chairman after all.

> P.S. Yes Dirk, now I agree with you on this :-)

Er, what exactly?

********************** NOTICE FOR UK NODES **************************

Could I make a general policy statement here; (change hats); to UK NOV
holders as UK Cluster Coordinator:

Could I remind all UK sysops of the terms of your NOVs?

Specifically the provisions to do with open access: the terms and
conditions, together with the methods to be used, that are mandated for
'locking' out users?

There is no such concept as a permanent lockout of a UK callsign, unless
mandated by the Secretary of State and/or a court of law.

I can also say that the said S-o-S will take a very dim view of sysops,
either individually or severally, interfering with the normal use of the
DX Cluster system by licensed individuals.

Thank you for your attention.

Dirk G1TLH