[Dxspider-support] Windows CVS users

Eric Carling eric at g0cgl.f2s.com
Thu Jan 27 17:07:08 GMT 2005

Its so long since I set it up that I'm afraid I might be forgetting
something here.....perhaps someone else can post any corrections.

Obtain TortoiseCVS-1.8.11.exe from http://www.tortoisecvs.org/

Install and reboot. I believe nothing special needs to be set up and the
defaults are acceptable.

TortoiseCVS doesn't function as a separate program, per se. Instead it acts
primarily as an extension to the Windows file manager and provides
context-sensitive actions that are implemented by right-click access.
Regarding the set up: if you find the folder into which Tortoise was
installed using Windows Explorer, then right-click and select CVS Checkout,
the Options screen is presented. I'm fairly sure nothing needs to be done
here in respect of DXSpider.

You should find that Tortoise has automatically integrated into Explorer and
the folders for any programs that can be updated through CVS have been
highlighted in green. Right-click on the Spider folder and the menu should
now have several new CVS related additions including CVS Update. Select that
and the process will commence.