[Dxspider-support] Chat Glitch

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 22:38:50 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 14:18 -0800, Lee Sawkins wrote:
> If you enter a chat group with a name such as "CALL", you will be
> returned all the Chats that have the word CALL in them.

If you do sh/chat <string> then that is certainly true and is a
feature.

However, if you mean join CALL and then you get any chat with the word
'call' in the text, then I am rather sceptical about that.

Having just looked at the DXProt::handle_12 code, I can't immediately
spot where it would do that. I go to some trouble to use field 4 (the
one *after* the text) as the chat group (note that becomes field 3 ->
$target in DXProt::send_chat).