[Dxspider-support] Setting up a QSL manager database?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 12:47:38 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 07:27 -0400, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> I read the help and I was confused.
>
> I have a QSL.v1 database in my data directory.
>
> How do I set up a SH/QSL command and make it use this database (or
> some form of it)?

You don't. You use SH/DXQSL <call>.

The QSL.v1 database is automatically maintained by the node. It scans
the comments for stuff that looks like QSL info and if it finds some
then outputs something like this:-

sh/dxqsl zw5b
Call           Manager   Times  Last Time Seen      De
ZW5B           RD3AF         2   8-Jul-2005 1135Z   RK6ATQ
               PY5EG         7  26-Mar-2005 1632Z   NM5H
               W3HC          8  25-Mar-2005 1722Z   EA5AVW
               WH3C          1  12-Jul-2003 1141Z   SP3DSC
               DJ6QT         1   6-Oct-2002 1434Z   YO2IS

You will note that you don't get an "exact" answer :-). It is basically
my version of the "GO" list (IIRC). Seeing as one can do:

	SH/DX ZW5B QSL

which no-one uses. I thought I would make it easy and have the data
collected in one place and arranged for fast retrieval - and then create
another command that no-one uses :-).

Of course, in this example it doesn't appear to be terribly useful; you
pays your money and takes yer choice (but, by the time you read this,
more info may become available).

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>