[Dxspider-support] hop_table.pl questions

Alan D. Snyder KF3B kf3b at yardley.com
Fri Jul 8 20:09:00 BST 2005

Hello Charlie:

If I am reading the log correctly, the last token in the inbound line is
the hop count delimited by '^' and yes, it is 1.  Each inbound PC16
terminates with ^H1^

As I dig, I have uncovered a little bit more information which may or
may not be helpful.  I am not blocking PC19's. So when my link partner
connects to me, he is deluged with a bunch of PC19's that he would
prefer not to see.  I have just set the hop count to 0 for PC19's for
that specific node.

Meanwhile, it looks like as if there were a bunch of PC16's queued up
somewhere in spider's bowels that  when this problematic node connects,
just after receiving the deluge of PC19's I then send a flood of PC16's
(despite the hop count set to 0 for that node).

Would it help if I sent/attached the log to you offline?

Keep safe and dry ...

Best,
Alan KF3B