[Dxspider-support] hop_table.pl questions

Tom Vavra wb8zrl at avalon.net
Fri Jul 8 20:56:44 BST 2005

It is my experience that you must set the hop_table.pl number one higher than you think.  I must set PC16 to 1 in order to not send it.  And setting PC19 to 11 results in it going out with a hop count of 10.

      Tom  WB8ZRL

  Hi:

  question: what exactly does /spider/data/hop_table.pl control?

  problem: a  link partner has my kf3b-2 entry in his %nodehops PC16 and PC17 set to 1.  I believe this means that 16's and 17's should expire in my node (being seen by connected local users) but not be propagated to my other link partners.

  in my %nodehops,  I have set a different link partner's entry set to 0 for PC16 and PC17, yet in the debug data log am sending PC16's and PC17's to that node despite my hop_table settings.

  Am I getting it wrong?

  Is there more descriptive documentation somewhere you can refer me to?

  Thanks,
  Alan   KF3B-2