[Dxspider-support] Mandriva 2005 question

richard richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 10:02:08 BST 2005

Steven H Sawyers (na0ia) wrote:
> If I am only interested in running DXSpider, what is the advantage of
> the 6 disk set over the 3 disk set?

None really, the first three disks contain the RPOMs the other three contain SRPMs.
> I am in the US and need a set of install CDs for Mandriva 2005. Does the
> purchased DVD have the CD ISO images on it?

The dvd which was on the front of many mags only has the first 3 cds on it

> What is the best way to get either the CDs or the DVDs?
They are available for free download, BUT I would recommend joining the Mandriva club, its about the
same cost as the powerpack, and you get access to the forth cd which contains some useful drivers.
You also get access to releases before the official release date.
When you have installed 2005 set up the additional media sources for URPMI, you will find all the
ax25 utils and a lot more in "contrib".

The install is very easy, to download follow the links from the Mandriva home page
http://www.mandrivaclub.com/

HTH
Richard G8JVM