[Dxspider-support] Cluster hangs

Darren G0TSM spider at g0tsm.com
Sun Mar 6 09:13:54 GMT 2005

It happened here during CQWW SSB, I put it down to running out of
buffers(wherever they are) it looked to me like the same thing that
happened when a dodgey 650+ node table was dumped on me, the difference
between the two instances here were that the processor was working at 100%
with the dodgey node table pause and idle during CQWW's long pause. At the
time the PC was an AMD XP3000 with 1GB DDR400, I have since downgraded the
PC to an XP2000.
I had to reboot during ARRL-CW but this time it was pausing for about
15secs then letting all the spots go and then pausing again for about
15secs or so and letting them go. This was going on for a couple of hours.
The user count then was about 20.

Running in WinXP-pro with all the latest service packs etc and Spider
updated every monday morning via CVS.

73 Darren G0TSM