[Dxspider-support] Cluster hangs

T3 T3 at semarg.ath.cx
Sun Mar 6 17:41:17 GMT 2005

Okie-dokie
with or without rant, problem still exists
my end which is possibility something else or something adding to the
issues,
i do agree about the spot, count being higher at other times then now,
with other contests
but i don't agree with the PC16 and 17 being filtered out,  or filtering
out anything from other
clusters, what was the porpoise for them, the PC16-17 that is,  filter
them out?  why have them at all..
i don't know where the 400 clusters are or the 3K of users.
i have seen that, sense i made that mistake a time back.. (oops)

its starting to look like the issues are with over worked nodes belching
data over to others
on back-bone networks and making partner nodes choke, possibly bad WiFi
back-bone's
or partial connected WiFi back-bone's that have been spotted in the past

and the high usage of the dupe file,  from nodes linking to others that
are already
linked to the network some ware, that needs to be stopped. and enforced.
the multi loop networks that is.

Im ok till i get belted with a excess of traffic, then im trying to
process, thus  loading
up for another,  Soo the slinky affect, like a bad traffic jam in Boston Ma.

I think some of the problem is growing pains, we add more bell/toys to
accomadate, mass upgrade, then
have mass issues.. without fully testing under contest conditions. our
heaviest loads

I don't believe is processor speed of any of that stuff. but i think u
found a issue in the
debug.files, im looking also but all i see is waves of data, then normal
operation, then waves of data again
like a slinky or inch worm,

and in some cases im disconnecting the few that i have on the AX25
ports, and beating up the 9.6k
test cluster i built using yet another windows box,

im testing a windows system so stripped down, with no drivers and any
excess hardware,
and even that one has issues with the in rush or *waves* of data. so
this tells me that even the 9.6k
link is over powering it. I have a older copy of Spider, im going to
change the test box and see
if i can reproduce it.

Sri, just my rant, or help, how ever you see it.

Tony
N1LDY