[Dxspider-support] Cluster hangs

charlie carroll k1xx at cfl.rr.com
Sun Mar 6 16:46:20 GMT 2005

Eric:
I'm not convinced it has anything to do with spot rates.  We've had
rates higher than the current ones when propagation was better.

Caution -- the following is a rant on my part.

Have we reached a point where this hopelessly fouled network needs to be
re-examined?  Is the issue gettings spot through, or the fact that
DL1??? logged into the DL9??? node.  (DL callsigns only used as an
example.)  I personally do not see the sense in propagating 400+ nodes
and 3000+ users.  Even if I have input filters set up, I still have to
devote CPU cycles to process the filters.
N1LDY just commented on the rate of PC16/17s.  Tony why don't you ask
the sysop of the nodes that connect to you to stop the PC16/17s?
Better yet, why don't sysops be responsible for what they pass on to
other nodes?  If someone asks to connect a node to you, the other part
of the conversation needs to deal with the data that's going to be
exchanged.

Rant over...

73 charlie, k1xx/4