[Dxspider-support] Cluster hangs

Simon Ravnic simon at hamradio.si
Sun Mar 6 21:46:46 GMT 2005

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> Now this *is* interesting. At this point the code is doing a
> 'getpeerhost' call. I am wondering, in best tradition of code creep, on
> 'modern' versions of glibc, this means that a reverse DNS lookup is
> being performed? These are notoriously slow and, worse, syncronous.

I'm not sure if this helps but I'll say it anyway. A while (a year or
so) ago something was wrong with DNS resolving on my linux system and
the node would hang at each full minute when then host names of outgoing
  connections were resolved. I resolved that issues with translating all
the host names to IP addresses and that fixed the hanging issue. Later I
resolved DNS problem and put back the hostnames.

73
Simon, S53ZO