[Dxspider-support] SHOW/DX ignoring old spots

Darren G0TSM spider at g0tsm.com
Thu May 5 23:22:20 BST 2005

Just one thing to remember, the higher the maxdays the longer a SH/DX
search will take when it doesnt find what you are looking for.
I speed things up in windows by keeping the spot data in the disk cache by
adding a line in the crontab file

3,7,12,17,22,27,32,37,42,47,52,57 * * * * run_cmd('SH/DX XYZ0XYZ')

This searches for a call which is never found so looks through all the spot
data back to your maxdays limit.
The downside of this is that i guess a glitch in the power could corrupt
the files?, but i've never had any problems.

Darren G0TSM/GB7EDX