[Dxspider-support] Auto-connect not working

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 17 04:20:15 BST 2005

I'm running build 57.263 on Windows XP using Cygwin X/Perl

I have a w1nr connect script, and from the console, logged in as
sysop, I can connect by typing:

   connect w1nr

At the suggestion of W1NR, I created a startup script in the scripts
directory, with this line:

   connect w1nr

When I start DXSpider (perl cluster.pl), I get this error message:

	reading cron jobs ...
	cron: reading /cygdrive/e/spider/cmd/crontab
	cron: adding 1 0 * * 3 DXUser::export("$main::data/user_asc")%0D
	cron: adding 5 0 * * * DXDebug::dbgclean()%0D
	cron: adding 0 3 * * * Spot::daily()%0D
	reading database descriptors ...
	doing local initialisation ...
	orft we jolly well go ...
	no connect script called "w1nr%0D" found in /cygdrive/e/spider/connect

Anyone know why it's not recognizing the connect comand in the startup script?

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us