[Dxspider-support] DxSpider and FC3 Problem

Iain Philipps iain.philipps at sms.xerox.com
Sat Nov 5 16:19:35 GMT 2005

Folks,

This isn't a network problem - it's a <<local>> problem on the cluster
machine. 27754 is used internally by Spider.

The port is already in use, which is why the error is being flagged.

Questions:-

 - Is there another copy of DX Spider running on that machine somewhere
(perhaps in a 'crashed' state) ?
 - What does netstat say about the port ?
 - What did you change to make the cluster stop working ?
 - Have you rebooted the whole machine in an effort to clear this problem ?

Regards     -     Iain