[Dxspider-support] DxSpider and FC3 Problem

Jim Snider w8bs at lexiann.com
Sun Nov 6 15:38:13 GMT 2005

Well, netstat didn't return anything about 27754.

I commented out the line in inittab that restarts the system so I could
control it manually.  I rebooted the machine and went in to start it by
hand.  Here's what I got back

------------
[sysop at w8bs perl]$ ./cluster.pl
Copyright (c) 1998-2002 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
DXSpider Version 1.51, build 57.263 started
US Database loaded
starting listeners ...
Internal port: localhost 27754
External Port: 0.0.0.0 7300
load badwords: Ok
Starting Dupe system
Read in Messages
Read in Aliases
Start WWV
Start WCY
Starting DX Spot system
Start Protocol Engines ...
DXChannel N8OJ created (1)
reading existing message headers ...
load badmsg: Ok
load forward: Ok
load swop: Ok
reading cron jobs ...
cron: reading /spider/cmd/crontab
cron: adding 1 0 * * 3 DXUser::export("$main::data/user_asc")
cron: adding 5 0 * * * DXDebug::dbgclean()
cron: adding 0 3 * * * Spot::daily()
cron: reading /spider/local_cmd/crontab
cron: adding 0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * start_connect('n3ra') unless
connected('n3ra')
reading database descriptors ...
doing local initialisation ...
orft we jolly well go ...
queue msg (0)

Now, it looks OK to me but I cannot connect to the dxspider via ./client
or telnetting to this box on port 7300.

Any ideas what to look for now?

Jim W8BS