[Dxspider-support] Bad Habbits Growing

t3 T3 at semarg.ath.cx
Tue Oct 4 20:14:29 BST 2005

I'm seeing allot of bad habits growing on the clusters lately, in result
of setting off alarms due from poor
spotting practices some like this

DX de DL2VL:     14000.0  K7C          pse 20m CW!!!               UT
1847Z JO60
DX de CT1FMX:    18145.0  K7C          PSE RX CT1`S UP-5 !!!!      UT 1853Z
DX de K6LT:      24892.0  K7C          nada here last 4 days       UT
1822Z CA
DX de IK6CGO:    14000.0  K7C          CW pse! last chance for EU  UT
1858Z JN63

spotting stations like this for informational use only, many stations
are doing just this poor practice
im thinking of adding in filters to block the 14000.0 and 7000.0 to cut
them back

for some reason these guys think there talking to the DX station over
the cluster
these are some of the "nicer" comments posted, i have my logbook
ignoring the 14000 and 21000 flat
type of spots, but im getting complaints from others on the cluster that
their logbooks cannot filter
that kind junk out

comments pse?

Tony