[Dxspider-support] Bad Habbits Growing

Eric Carling eric at g0cgl.f2s.com
Tue Oct 4 20:38:32 BST 2005

AR-Cluster has a Bottom-Of-Band-DX filter, user settable to show these spots
or not and so exclude spots on the lower band edges. Unfortunately, in the
predominate AR-Cluster network on your continent, there was at one time a
growing trait to defeat it by spotting the rubbish on 14001, 21001 etc. The
solution therefore might be for the complainants to lobby their logbook
author to introduce a filter to that software rather than at source eg in DX
Spider. I don't know if that's the best thing or not but it is something
that requires addressing somehow because, although it will diminish
dramatically after K7C ends, it will be back every time there is a major
DXpedition.