[Dxspider-support] Enter (to log in) doesn't work but CTRL-Enter does!

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 7 00:58:09 BST 2005

User's can't log into my node (dxc.ad1c.us) using certain Telnet
clients.  I tried myself (from a host outside my LAN that runs a
flavor of BSD) and I found that if I type Enter, I get a ^M at the
end of my call (and no login), but if I type CTRL-Enter, then I can
log in normally.  Locally, Microsoft telnet client "does the right thing".

I'm running the latest code and using ActiveState Perl on Windows.

Anyone heard of this problem, or know a cure?

Thanks & 73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us