[Dxspider-support] Enter (to log in) doesn't work but CTRL-Enter does!

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Fri Oct 7 01:20:06 BST 2005

On Oct 6, 2005, at 4:58 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

> User's can't log into my node (dxc.ad1c.us) using certain Telnet
> clients.  I tried myself (from a host outside my LAN that runs a
> flavor of BSD) and I found that if I type Enter, I get a ^M at the
> end of my call (and no login), but if I type CTRL-Enter, then I can
> log in normally.  Locally, Microsoft telnet client "does the right
> thing".
>
> I'm running the latest code and using ActiveState Perl on Windows.
>
> Anyone heard of this problem, or know a cure?

Jim,  I tried it from here with both Linux and OS X telnet clients
and not only do I get the ^M, each character I type shows up twice.
CTRL-Enter also gives a ^M, so that doesn't work either.

FWIW, I have noticed in the past that the MS telnet has problems, but
puTTy seems to work fine in those instances on Windows machines.

73, Bob N7XY